ITO Coated PET Films
Diamond Coatings offer a comprehensive range of ITO coated PET films suitable for a broad diversity of applications.
PET Film Properties and Applications
Commonly referred to as polyester film, PET film (Polyethylene Terephthalate film) is an either biaxially oriented or bubble extruded thermoplastic polymer. Due to its balance of properties compared to various other thermoplastic polymers, PET film is among the most commonly utilized substrates in the converting industry.
Polyester film is superior or comparable to other thermoplastic substrates in terms of:
- Melting point, density & elongation
- Dimensional stability, service temperature range & oxygen permeability
- Tensile & tear strength
- Insulation breakdown, dielectric constant & vapour (water) transmission rate
In addition, it offers mechanical properties that make it the perfect processing (i.e. vacuum coating, metallizing or laminating) substrate choice.
PET film can also be engineered to meet the requirements of a diversity of specific applications. Combined with its processing tolerance, this makes polyester film the ideal substrate for an array of applications within industries including, for instance:
- Hard-Coats, Protective & Surface Protection Films
- Printable, Security & Tamper Evident Films
- Photovoltaic Back-Sheets, Labelling & Label Face-Stocks
- Insulation, Antimicrobial & Packaging Films
ITO Coated PET Film
ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) coating transparent polyester film maintains its transparency while making its surface conductive. This in turn makes ITO coated PET film suitable for applications including, among many others:
- Position sensor/touch screen components and resistive touch screens
- Electroluminescent (EL) lamps, EMI/RFI shielding and electrophoretic displays
- Liquid crystal devices, smart windows and transparent heaters
- Medical Sensors, membrane switches and flexible printed circuits
Diamond Coatings ITO PET Films
Featuring a standard 175-micron thickness, Diamond Coatings’ ITO polyester film is available in sheets (600 mm x 457 mm standard sheet size), rolls (maximum width: 600 mm; lengths up to 100 m) and laser cut shapes. Standard sheet resistances include 18, 50 and 100 ohms/sq.
To aid handling/fabrication, Diamond Coatings ITO polyester film is available with protective films on both surfaces.
To learn more about Diamond Coatings ITO PET films and/or discuss the most viable option for your project with one of our specialists, please contact us online, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on (480) 999-3456 now. Please note that callers getting in touch from outside the United States should dial: 001 (480) 999-3456 instead.